Billtrust CONNECT 2017 Agenda
Keynote Speaker: Alison Levine
Alison Levine is a history-making polar explorer and mountaineer. She served as team captain of the first American Women’s Everest Expedition, climbed the highest peak on each continent and skied to both the North and South Poles—a feat known as the Adventure Grand Slam, which fewer than forty people in the world have achieved. She made history as the first American to complete a 600-mile traverse from west Antarctica to the South Pole. She made history again in 2016 when she completed the first ascent of Antarctica’s Hall Peak. Her success in extreme environments is noteworthy given she has had three heart surgeries and suffers from Raynaud’s disease, which leaves her at extreme risk for frostbite.
In addition to surviving the most challenging outdoor environments, Levine also succeeded at multiple indoor achievements including:
- Serving as deputy finance director for Arnold Schwarzenegger in his successful bid to become Governor of California
- Teaching as an adjunct professor at the United States Military Academy at West Point
- Serving as a Senior Fellow at the Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics at Duke University
- Writing the New York Times best-seller On the Edge: Leadership Lessons from Mount Everest and other Extreme Environments
- Founding of the Climb High Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of jobless women in western Uganda
- Serving as the subject of the PBS documentary Living Courageously
- Executive producing the upcoming documentary film The Glass Ceiling, chronicling the life of Pasang Lhamu Sherpa, the first Nepali woman to climb Mt. Everest.
Keynote Speaker:Pamela Krank, President, The Credit Department, Inc
Pamela Krank is President of The Credit Department, Inc (known as TCD), a 20-person trade credit management outsourcing provider in St Paul, Minnesota. TCD celebrated its 25 th year in business on January 1, 2017. Her firm’s mission is to help global businesses maximize cash flow and earnings by providing outsourced, sophisticated, virtual commercial Credit Departments delivered through their hosted cloud platform, SMART. Prior to starting TCD, Pam was a Credit Supervisor for the Fortune 100 company, 3M for 13 years.
As a top expert in the field of trade receivables management, Pam has trained thousands of credit managers, controllers, CFO’s, auditors, and commercial lenders on valuing and managing the accounts receivable asset. Pam was an instructor at the University of St Thomas in Minneapolis in the FastTrac Program where, for nearly 10 years, she helped entrepreneurs grow their companies. Pam is a graduate of the University of Minnesota’s Credit and Financial
Management program and is a FastTrac graduate. Pam is a Minnesota native who loves to travel, especially when she can escape the cold to warm places like South America for the winter. She has been married almost 30 years and has two grown children. She is far too young to have grandchildren yet.